Salary: Circa £65k + circa 20% Bonus + 12% car allowance
Closing date: 17 June 2018 at midnight
Working pattern: Permanent
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
2 vacancies - 1 x Permanent and 1 x 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Our team of Business Definition Managers performs a solution architect role for Finance and Actuarial Systems. Acting as a key interface between actuaries and accountants in the business, and developers, we aim to understand requirements, design efficient solutions, and work with the development teams for MG-ALFA, SAS and other systems to meet the needs of the business. We act at the forefront of change in the organisation, and are heavily involved in projects such as acquisitions and the implementation of IFRS17.
We’re looking for a forward thinking Business Definition Manager, with a strong commitment to the ethos of continuous improvement and process harmonisation. You’ll be developing all our IT requirements, solutions and designs for our finance and actuarial systems. Acting as our in-house expert, you’ll work closely with stakeholders from across the business, external suppliers and our welcoming IT and design teams. You’ll be able to shape and influence designs and solutions and deliver robust, compliant systems. And you’ll have a huge impact on our organisation as you do it.
The role requirements
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to understand their challenges before defining requirements, proposing workable solutions and getting business sign-off.
- Creating comprehensive specifications that clearly communicate business needs to the design and development team.
- Ensure that specifications are clear, concise and complete, setting out business requirements with sufficient detail for systems designers and developers to understand and implement.
- Reviewing all system designs to make sure the design team delivers well-thought-out solutions in line with the industry regulations and best practice to deliver slick straight through production processing.
- Driving the timely delivery of high-quality, cost-effective designs.
- Championing the development of solutions that meet business needs without relying on manual intervention.
- Ensuring our behind-the-scenes processes and templates stay consistent and up-to-date.
- Growing strong relationships with your internal customers and our talented SAS data, actuarial systems and reporting teams.
What we’re looking for:
- An in-depth knowledge of UK life assurance industry regulations, product terms and conditions.
- A good understanding of actuarial systems architecture and data.
- A strong grasp of systems design methodology with good understanding of the systems development lifecycle.
- Well-honed communication and relationship-building skills
- A passion for making things better through design, complemented by the confidence to challenge current approaches and the technical understanding to champion new ideas.
- The ability to hold your own and influence other experts in high-tech forum.
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last seven consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes….we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).