Closing date: 15 June 2018 at midnight
Working pattern: Day Rate Contractor
Duration: 6 months
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
6 Months initially
Excellent Day Rate
Phoenix Group are currently looking to recruit a technical accountant to support the implementation and developments of IFRS 17.
This role is aimed at evaluating and embedding key reporting changes, providing critical technical and commercial guidance on key business developments, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory standards and developments in an increasingly complex reporting environment. The incumbent will play a significant role in developing regulatory reporting.
- Contribute to the direction of the IFRS 17 project.
- Lead the analysis for a number of required methodology decisions.
- Identify key requirements for systems, processes and data.
- Draft proposed approach for each methodology for presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Explain the requirements of IFRS 17 to the broader accounting community.
What we’re looking for
- A qualified accountant with significant life insurance accounting experience including the preparation of financial statements and disclosures
- A strong understanding of the financial reporting of life companies.
- A subject matter expert in:
- Insurance financial reporting / technical accounting.
- IFRS 17
Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).