Salary: Circa £30,000 + 6% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 20 January 2019 at midnight
Working pattern: Fixed Term
Duration: 6 months
Are you interested in working for a Top employer supporting high profile projects? Do you see yourself developing into a change professional within a growing FTSE 250? We are recruiting for a 6 Month Fixed Term opportunity for a Project Analyst, within our Operational Change business.
The purpose of the Change Team is to successfully manage the change portfolio within Phoenix Life, to deliver both financial and non-financial benefits within the budget, ensuring suitable project methodology and governance process is followed and continually improved, focusing on Phoenix strategic outcomes, whilst remaining within the groups risk appetite.
As a Project Analyst, you’ll be supporting projects within a large portfolio. This will involve assisting in a range of project planning and reporting activities, helping ensure projects are delivered on time, within set quality parameters and to agreed budgets. You will manage project dependencies, risks and issues as well as maintaining a robust governance and control framework, along with the production of control documentation. This includes, tracking project status and providing regular reports and planning MI.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting the wider department such as organising (and sometimes chairing) meetings & other related events. Taking minutes & recording actions to communicate out to the rest of the business area
- Activities that contribute to the continuous improvement & best practice principles for Change at Phoenix.
What we’re looking for: Talented professionals with a proactive attitude and previous experience of supporting complex projects, who can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of project management and associated methodologies, in relation to planning, monitoring and controlling projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Direct experience of working on and supporting complex projects / programmes, coupled with a good understanding of project tracking, planning and reporting
- Experience of monitoring project financials and project resource supply & demand would be valuable.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the necessary confidence to build senior level relationships and help drive forward a major change programme.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector or life & pensions would be desirable, but not essential.
- Strong technical and analytical ability, plus a good degree of literacy in applications such as MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts,excellent rewards schemes….we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).
We notice that you are using a mobile device and unfortunately our online application form is not yet optimised for such devices. We think that your application may be better made from a laptop or desktop. In order to complete your application, please email yourself a link to this vacancy so you can apply later.