London (St Paul's)
Salary: £37,316 to £50,000
Closing date: 24 January 2019 at midnight
Working pattern: Permanent
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in the Group Operations function. Phoenix Group is the largest specialist consolidator of life assurance funds in Europe. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, 10.4 million policyholders and assets under management of £240 billion, including the recently acquired Standard Life Assurance, Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
The Executive Personal Assistant role will be based in either London or Edinburgh. The role will primarily be responsible for providing an efficient, effective and confidential support service to the Executive Director. The role holder will prepare and coordinate commercially sensitive and highly confidential information and documents in all new business strategies and initiatives often before they are communicated to Heads of Function. It will appropriately respond to communications on behalf of Group Chief Operating Officer and may also be asked to produce reports, presentations and communications for the department. This key role also involves:
- Board meeting oversight & co-ordination of actions
- Group COO action tracking support
- Acquisition support working with Corporate Legal to support:
- Prospectus Management
- FPPP support
- Due Diligence co-ordination
- Preparation of presentations and slide decks in support of Group COO function e.g. for strategy planning days or team events / away days
- Providing a comprehensive and highly confidential administrative/secretarial support service and production of various communications on behalf the Group COO
- Complex day to day diary management, Inbox management as well as written communication with senior stakeholders including Non-Executive Directors as-well as external 3rd party representatives – often containing commercially sensitive and highly confidential information
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Group Chief Actuary, screening and handling calls as appropriate, whilst keeping an up to date contact list
- Support the Group Operations Senior Management team when required
You will be commercially astute having worked with senior board members previously and be looking to move into a similar senior corporate environment. We would ideally like to see evidence of having already operated in an Executive PA capacity. You therefore must:
- Be highly perceptive, with a diplomatic and tactful approach, used to handling sensitive and confidential information with appropriate sensitivity
- Evidence appropriate gatekeeping skills and experience in previous roles undertaken
- Demonstrate an expert level of PC capability, spanning MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be an excellent communicator and organiser, able to work on your own initiative and display enthusiasm for own career progression
- Have a good eye for detail, be conscientious and have a proactive approach, coupled with a proven ability to plan and prioritise multi-task requests within short timescales and demanding deadlines
- An ability to work under your own initiative and respond to the changing priorities of the Group COO office appropriately
- Be able to deal with a high pressure environment and manage challenging deadlines
- Have an extremely approachable demeanour and attitude
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).
If you have any difficulties with your application, please email the Resourcing Team at email@example.com
We notice that you are using a mobile device and unfortunately our online application form is not yet optimised for such devices. We think that your application may be better made from a laptop or desktop. In order to complete your application, please email yourself a link to this vacancy so you can apply later.