Salary: £24,000 to £29,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Closing date: 22 January 2019 at midnight
Working pattern: Permanent
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of applying your knowledge and expertise in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. We’re industry experts, but we’re always looking for ways to be better. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our team.
Role Purpose :
To provide an efficient, effective and highly confidential administrative support service to the Commercial Partnerships Director.
- To effectively plan and maintain the diary, ensuring effective and efficient use of time. To ensure the Head of function is provided in a timely manner with all relevant documents and materials relevant to the diary commitments in the preferred/most appropriate format.
- To produce reports, presentations and various communications in line with company standards.
- To implement and maintain an effective electronic and paper document control/filing system.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and respond to communications (verbal and written), directed to the Head of function. To appropriately draft or respond to communications on behalf of Executives/ Directors and/or direct and delegate to an appropriate colleague.
- To undertake other general administration and ad-hoc duties eg managing and processing of invoices, processing expense claims for the Head of Function and supporting the wider Commercial Partnership team as and when required.
- First point of call for the telephone and handling/screening as appropriate and maintaining an accurate and up to date contact list.
- Arranging travel/hotel accommodation for Head of function as required in accordance with the company’s travel policy.
- Strong PC skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrable experience at a similar level
- Ability to multitask, constantly re-prioritise and deliver tasks in a conscientious manner
- Tactful and diplomatic approach with the ability to establish strong working relationships
- Ability to use own initiative and work proactively without direction
- Used to working with highly sensitive or confidential material
- Experienced ‘gatekeeper’, with a confident and assertive nature
We value our employees highly and have been one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the last 6 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. Phoenix Group is the largest specialist consolidator of life assurance funds in Europe. 10.4 million policyholders and assets under management of £240 billion, including the recently acquired Standard Life Assurance, Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented teams. Among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as our incredible Wythall location and excellent rewards scheme), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we have gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).
If you have any difficulties with your application, please email the Resourcing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org