Salary: Circa £30,000 + 6% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 26 April 2019 at midnight
Working pattern: Fixed Term
Duration: 6 months
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
We are recruiting for a 6 Month fixed term contract opportunity for a Project Analyst, within our Operational Change business.
The purpose of the Change Team is to successfully manage the change portfolio within Phoenix Life, to deliver both financial and non-financial benefits within the budget, ensuring suitable project methodology and governance process is followed and continually improved, focusing on Phoenix strategic outcomes, whilst remaining within the groups risk appetite.
As a Project Analyst, you’ll be supporting projects within a large portfolio. This will involve assisting in a range of project planning and reporting activities, helping ensure projects are delivered on time, within set quality parameters and to agreed budgets. You will manage project dependencies, risks and issues as well as maintaining a robust governance and control framework, along with the production of control documentation. This includes, tracking project status and providing regular reports and planning MI.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting the wider department such as organising (and sometimes chairing) meetings & other related events. Taking minutes & recording actions to communicate out to the rest of the business area
- Activities that contribute to the continuous improvement & best practice principles for Change at Phoenix.
What we’re looking for: Talented professionals with a proactive attitude and previous experience of supporting complex projects, who can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of project management and associated methodologies, in relation to planning, monitoring and controlling projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Direct experience of working on and supporting complex projects / programmes, coupled with a good understanding of project tracking, planning and reporting
- Experience of monitoring project financials and project resource supply & demand would be valuable.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the necessary confidence to build senior level relationships and help drive forward a major change programme.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector or life & pensions would be desirable, but not essential.
- Strong technical and analytical ability, plus a good degree of literacy in applications such as MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Phoenix Group is the largest specialist consolidator of heritage life assurance funds in Europe. Our main focus is on closed life fund consolidation where we specialise in the acquisition and management of closed life insurance and pension funds. We call this our Heritage business. Alongside this, we have an open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. This open business is underpinned by a strategic partnership with Standard Life Aberdeen plc following our acquisition of Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018. We also have a market leading brand - SunLife - which sells a range of financial products specifically for the over 50s market. In total the Group has over 10 million policyholders and £240 billion of assets and we have operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. The Group has five operating life companies which hold policyholder assets and a distribution business, SunLife. We believe the insurance industry is bifurcating and splitting into 'capital heavy' insurance specialists who will continue to underwrite and administer insurance products and 'capital light' firms who will concentrate on sales and distribution. Phoenix's vision is to be Europe’s Leading Life Consolidator in this bifurcating market which we estimate has a market size of £540 billion across the UK, Germany and Ireland.
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).