London (St Paul's)
Salary: £52,000 to £62,000 + 10% Bonus + Bens
Closing date: 26 April 2019 at midnight
Working pattern: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Based in our Group Finance team in London and reporting to the Group Reporting and Consolidation Manager, your role will focus on all aspects of delivering high quality and timely financial and regulatory reporting for the Phoenix Group.
The role is positioned well for a recently qualified accountant making their first move from practice to industry or an individual with industry experience looking to gain exposure to either the life and pensions industry or to group financial reporting.
The role will require:
- Leading on certain aspects of the production of high quality financial information for the group (IFRS financial statements at half year and year end, quarterly production of the Solvency II results and Pillar 3 regulatory templates
- Analysis and evaluation of divisional submissions to ensure the accuracy of financial data
- Analysis of results for the group, for example, but not limited to areas such as the movement in the group’s regulatory surplus, operating profit drivers and quarter on quarter movements in the group’s balance sheet
- Collaborative working with other group functions and divisions across multiple locations
- Development and maintenance of reporting systems (IBM Cognos Controller and Tagetik)
You will need to:
- Be a recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Have either had previous exposure to reporting in the insurance industry, or have experience of group financial reporting and consolidations (preferably under IFRS) within a large organisation
- Possess strong analytical ability and time management skills in order to effectively meet challenging deadlines
- Have a demonstrable understanding of the technical aspects of financial and regulatory reporting within a group context
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills to effectively deal with management and other finance teams across the group
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).
If you have any difficulties with your application, please email the Resourcing Team at email@example.com