Salary: £40, 000 - £60, 000 + Benefits
Closing date: 01 April 2020 at midnight
Working pattern: Permanent
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Location – Wythall or Edinburgh
The role will be to support an existing team either to be based in Wythall or Edinburgh.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake category management activities for a number of categories and business areas including Technology/ IT and Services with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while improving service to stakeholders and retaining continuity of supply.
- Influence stakeholders in strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective and timely supply base decisions.
- Drive continuous operational improvement, mitigate identified risks, and contribute to developing and governing the Commercial Partnership teams sourcing & procurement policy, controls and processes.
- Support project and transactional activities as required and ensure Commercial Partnerships provides adequate support and oversight to optimise the commercial aspects of the desired management actions and outcomes
- Foster robust working relationships across the group to develop, implement and maintain appropriate Category Strategies, working closely to enhance value to Phoenix from effective and sustainable supply relationships.
- Maintain and refresh existing sourcing strategies for a portfolio of spend categories and suppliers including Technology and/ or other categories and business areas.
- Use supply market tools and intelligence to present a complete picture of the category and to support the due diligence process for new suppliers to optimise outcomes for Phoenix
- Influence/challenge requirements detailed in specifications, scopes of work etc to ensure they appropriately define what is expected of the supplier
- Identifying, prioritising and implementing a pipeline of cost saving/value enhancing opportunities within the categories
- Uphold appropriate commercial interfaces with the relevant suppliers, working with stakeholders to deliver agreed outcomes against the category management strategies
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships (internally and externally) to effectively manage the category strategy , adding value and ensuring compliance to the Sourcing & Procurement Policy and controls.
- Participate in complex, high-value and time-bound sourcing initiatives, ensuring full compliance with the Phoenix Sourcing & Procurement Policy and controls.
- Provide procurement support to projects and other initiatives to deliver a smooth end to end procurement service to the business
- Negotiating and implementing appropriate agreements (including Frameworks & Schedules) so that the agreement accurately reflects the required outcomes
- Identify and escalate supply risks to ensure continuity of supply for Phoenix.
- Provide an excellent contract administration services to stakeholders including preparation and execution of documents e.g. NDA, RFP’s, RDE’s etc.
- Assist in the overall administration of the team including delivery of risk and audit actions, identifying best practice, production and assessment of management information, to ensure appropriate controls over and governance of third party spend and suppliers.
On the 12th November 2019 we announced our intention to partner with TCS to deliver customer servicing, and work with them to create a digitally enabled technology ecosystem. This is a three year journey, and there is no immediate impact for colleagues. view press release
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).
If you have any difficulties with your application, please email the Resourcing Team at email@example.com