Salary: Up to £38,000
Closing date: 27 February 2020 at midnight
Working pattern: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Salary - £29,000-£38,000
Contract type - 12 month FTC
Closing date - 27 February 2020
Job Contact - 0131 245 1000
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the millions of policyholders we serve, or the billions of assets we look after. Or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It’s the fact we work with predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving financial outcomes and an improved customer experience for the customers we already have. But that’s not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan? Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life assurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.
As a PMO Analyst, you’ll provide analysis services within a small–medium scale project, programme or portfolio environment with a particular focus on robust governance and controls to ensure quality and standards are maintained.
- Ensuring governance and controls are developed to offer the maximum value to stakeholders within a cost-pressured environment.
- Communicating clearly across the project/programme where priorities and interests may be in conflict.
- Building strong relationships with project team members and other stakeholders, when typically there is no direct line management responsibility.
- Undertaking regular analysis and providing reports to appropriate stakeholders within the project/programme environment, to inform and enhance decision making.
- Establishing appropriate governance and control measures within the project, which align with the overall standards of the company and IT and change.
- Maintaining a range of documentation to support project/programme management, project delivery and reports on progress (eg can include validation of status reports, steering group packs and board reporting packs).
- Managing key processes required within the project/programme environment (eg resource management, change control, RAID management, planning and milestones, and financials) to ensure data can be captured and utilised effectively.
- Effectively balancing long and short-term objectives of the project within an environment of change.
- Keeping up to date with technical and business developments internally and externally.
- Developing and managing close working relationships with project/programme managers to ensure governance and controls are effectively embedded into project delivery.
Analytical skills Use of a variety of diagnostic techniques to understand a situation/issue/problem by breaking it down and tracing the root cause/underlying implications in a methodical, step-by-step way.
Communication skills Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels, including written and oral.
Project/programme management Good knowledge of the full project lifecycle, ideally demonstrated within a Financial Services organisation
Stakeholder management Interprets and influences both the external and internal environments by creating positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
Laws, regulations and standards Knowledge of specific regulations, legislation, governance and compliance requirements that impact a role, business area or Standard Life as a whole.
Meeting and exceeding performance goals and expectations to deliver results
Working across boundaries
Encouraging team work, collaborations and breaking down boundaries.
Applies a systemic approach to help optimise business activities and processes to support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
Planning and Organising
Organises, prioritises and, where applicable, delegates work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives. Includes the principles of time management and multi-tasking.
On the 12th November 2019 we announced our intention to partner with TCS to deliver customer servicing, and work with them to create a digitally enabled technology ecosystem. This is a three year journey, and there is no immediate impact for colleagues. view press release
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquires from everyone
Apply for this job
If you have applied for a job or registered with us before, please login
If you are a new applicant, go straight to the application by clicking Apply Online below. This will automatically create an account for you.
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work / life challenges we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).